While simplification was a consistent goal of this release, Teiid still supports most of the features available in Teiid 6.2 and earlier. Some notable new features are:
- The runtime environment. Now Teiid runs inside the JBoss AS. Check out all the benefits in "JCA Container Integration, why Teiid needs it?" series.
- Simplified Connector development with a split into the Teiid Translator API (largely defined by a single class) and JCA.
- Enhanced JAAS based security. Many out of the box implementations available.
- Support for JCA based connectors.
- JOPR web-based administrative & monitoring tool.
- Groovy based scripting environment for administrative tasks.
- Text and web service integration has been redesigned from the ground up to simplify usage.
- Nearly all of SQL/XML 2003 support has been added, as well as XMLTABLE and XMLQUERY from SQL/XML 2006.
- The documentation set has been updated and expanded.
- Many, many and many more features.
In our testing, Teiid 7.0 is significantly fastest with improvements to buffering, threading, and caching. So, why wait? download today, and give it a try.
Teiid 7.0 is just the beginning -- check out Teiid 7.1 roadmap for more exciting features in the pipeline.