Although the Teiid project is new to open source, the Teiid technology has been around for many years under the "MetaMatrix" brand name. Red Hat acquired "MetaMatrix" in April 2007 and committed to open sourcing the technology and Teiid is result of that effort.
During this transition time, Teiid has gone though several major updates in its technology
- SVN migration
- Projects consolidation, refactoring into manageable components.
- Use Maven for build system
- Replacement of transaction framework to "JBoss Transactions"
- Use of JBoss Cache for caching and clustering needs.
- Upgrade to Java 1.6
- Re-write of Query Processing Engine
- Major updates to Query Optimizer code.
- New project web site
- New issue tracking system
- Teiid Designer upgraded to Eclipse 3.4.1
- Teiid Designer is deployed as Eclipse plug-in
and many more smaller features. For more information on Teiid project please visit http://www.teiid.org or http://www.jboss.org/projects/teiid
Many more new features are planned in our roadmap, so give it try and let us know how Teiid can satisfy your enterprise data virtualization needs.