- Procedure language features - Added support for compound/block statements, BEGIN [[NOT] ATOMIC], loop/block labels, and the leave statement. See the reference for more.
- File Enhancements - the file translator can now optionally (via the ExceptionIfFileNotFound property) throw an exception if the path refers to a file that doesn't exist. The file resource adapter can be configured to map file names and can prevent parent path .. references. See the Admin Guide or the file-ds.xml template for more.
- TEXTTABLE Enhancements - TEXTTABLE can now parse fixed width files that do not use a row delimiter and can optionally produce fixed values that haven't been trimmed.
- Temp table transactions - Internal materialized views and temp table usage from a session and within procedures can take advantage of greater transaction support.
- Buffering Improvements - Added the ability to inline memory based or small lobs and added tracking of the memory held by soft references. Also switched to a LFRU algorithm that significantly reduces writes and read misses with temporary tables.
- GSSAPI - both the Teiid JDBC client/server and the ODBC pg backend can now support GSSAPI for single sign-on. (this is in the documentation, but not yet in the release notes as it has yet to be tested).
We are also looking for anyone who wants to volunteer to help validate the GSSAPI feature.
The Teiid Team