- TEIID-2444 EAP Platform - the deployment platform for Teiid has been changed to EAP 6.1.Alpha1
- TEIID-2429 Improved sort performance - improved sorts for large data sets especially under heavy load.
- TEIID-2449 VDB Zips - added the ability to deploy non-Designer based vdb zip artifacts with the ability to place DDL outside of the VDB.xml via the DDL-FILE metadata repository.
- TEIID-2423 TEIID-2470 Additional Embedded deployments - xml and zip vdb deployment options are available for Teiid Embedded.
- TEIID-1092 Session Variables - added the teiid_session_set and teiid_session_get methods to maintain session variables.
- TEIID-2326 Shared Mat Views - materialized views from imported vdbs will be reused rather than recreated in each importing vdb.
- TEIID-2344 Automatic DB Version Detection - the JDBC translator database version property in most circumstances will not need to be set manually (non-available JDBC sources in partial results mode or source with connection factories that require an ExecutionContext to obtain a connection will require manual setting of the database version metadata property. The affected sources are: db2, derby, oracle, postgresql, sqlserver, sybase, teiid)
- TEIID-2453 STRING_AGG - added the string_agg aggregate function for concatenating binary and character strings.
From here a CR can be expected in approximately 2 weeks. Please take the time to try this release as there is plenty of time to get fixes in. Beyond the 8.4 Final we now have the 8.4.1 and 8.5 release version targets active to take additional issues.