Like 8.13.x, Teiid 9.0 is based upon WildFly 9.0.2. The downloads page contains a consolidated download with WildFly 9.0.2 + Teiid 9.0.0 + Teiid Web-Console 2.7.0. You may also choose to use Docker image on Docker Hub.
It is important to consult the migration guide even if you are already on 8.13 to ensure a smooth transition. Even though there are relatively few large features, there are some breaking changes - and not all provide backwards compatible options.
The community web site documentation page has been updated to reflect our conversion to GitBook. We'll be working on converting the quickstarts into this documentation set as well.
- TEIID-3601 Large row counts internal tables and source queries are no longer limited to max integer rows. However update counts, count aggregate values, user result sets, etc. are still limited to max integer.
- TEIID-3792 Array Quantified Comparisons can be used to search array values - for example expression = SOME (array_expression)
- TEIID-3462 Semantic VDB Versioning can be used in the VDB name and connection string, rather than the simple integer version. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-3849 Cassandra Update Improvements for bulk/batch updates and asynch processing.
- TEIID-3869 Additional geospatial support for Geoserver integration with Teiid.
- TEIID-2476 Data role metadata filtering to omit non-accessible objects from system tables.
- TEIID-4076 Improved autoCommitTxn detect to prevent unnecessary transactions.
- TEIID-4084 Allowing for with clause inlining to improve performance.
- TEIID-3725 JDG Cache/DSL Translator added cache swapping feature to support external materialization.
- TEIID-3810 JDG Cache/DSL Translator upgraded support for JDG 6.6
- TEIID-3520 Swagger Translator for calling REST services defined by Swagger.
- TEIID-4202 Lateral join and procedure pushdown support for targeted sources.
You should expect a 9.1 in about 3 months. It will primarily target updating to WildFly 10. We will also be continue working on making materialization easier to use with JDG and other external sources.
There will likely be an 8.13.6 and 8.13.7 - but with the release of 9.1 we will stop supporting the 8.13 branch.
Thank you to everyone who helped bring issues to light. If one of your issues does not seem fully addressed, please let us know.