- TEIID-4284 Salesforce Bulk API for SELECT queries.
- TEIID-4556 TEIID-4545 TEIID-4515 Phoenix/Hbase Translator now supports joins, more system functions/pushdown functions, and offset
- TEIID-4532 Hashing Functions were added for md5, sha1, sha2-256, and sha2-512.
- TEIID-4627 Source Triggers to handle source change events.
- TEIID-4643 Encrypt/decrypt functions were added for 128bit AES.
- TEIID-4622 Data Quality Functions contributed by OSDQ.
- TEIID-4441 FTP/SFTP Connectivity via a new ftp resource adapter.
- TEIID-4629 DDL Replacement for vdb.xml to eliminate the need to mix XML and DDL.
- TEIID-4398 VDB Migration tool - Migration tool to convert .vdb & -vdb.xml files into DDL based VDB
DDL SupportThe DDL option (TEIID-4629/TEIID-4398) for defining VDBs is an exciting feature set. You will no longer need to mix XML and DDL to define a VDB, it can all be done in DDL. These features are evolving though, so please bear with us if you discover issues such as syntax that needs tweaked or inconsistencies with XML metadata. Just log an issue and we'll get things addressed - a special thanks to Bram Gadeyne who has already helping catch issues.
Data QualityVivek Singh contributed more OSDQ Data Quality Functions. Please see the OSDQ tooling for data quality / preparation functionality that is now compatible with Teiid. Some hashing and encryption functions (TEIID-4532/TEIID-4643) were also added as regular Teiid system functions. Expect more functions to become available in subsequent releases. We'll continue to work across both communities on data quality and related efforts.
UI WorkIf you haven't seen it, please also check out Data Service Builder - which is a streamlined web GUI for JDV/Teiid on OpenShift.
There will also be a Teiid Designer compatible with 9.2 out shortly - unless full UI support for some of the language features, such as source triggers, is initially targeted.
9.3TEIID-4627 added DDL support for source table AFTER triggers - that is just part of a major thrust. Additional issues in 9.3 will allow Debezium integration to help keep materialized views synchronized with live data via change events.
We will also be adding domain support as a first step toward making the type system more flexible.
We expect that we'll hit the 3 month target for the release, so if there is anything that seems of high value to identify for the release please let us know early.
Thanks again to everyone who contributed in some way to this release,